Trent Vale Medical Practice
We are still open and here for you.
Our opening times are Monday to Friday, 8am until 6pm*
How to contact us:
Please note: These requests will be reviewed by the practice team during normal surgery opening hours only and should not be used for urgent medical problems.
- Ring us on 01782 746898. We apologise that our phone lines are very busy and there may well be a delay in answering your call.
When you phone or go online, you will be asked to provide some information about your healthcare need. This will help the practice healthcare team assess the most appropriate way to provide your care. It also ensures it is provided by the most appropriate person as we have a variety of clinicians who can attend to your needs.
Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, by telephone, or using video calls and messaging to your mobile or computer – the practice team will assess what is most appropriate for you and if you have a preference you can discuss this with them
If you are asked to come into the surgery, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery. If you have a disability or condition which means you cannot wear a face covering or cannot communicate with someone who is wearing a face mask, or require other adjustments before your appointment, please let the surgery know ahead of your arrival.
As well as the surgery, there are also a large number of other healthcare providers that can help you. These may be more appropriate to your needs. These are listed below and all can be accessed by self-referral, ie do not need a referral from the GP surgery.
- Visit the local pharmacy for clinical advice on minor health concerns.
- Visit your optician for eye and sight issues
- Visit your dentist for teeth and mouth problems
- NHS111 for all medical queries. Ring 111 or go to 111.nhs.uk If you have the NHSApp you can access NHS111 on it. The app is available on iOS and android. NHS111 can arrange for the practice to contact you if they feel we can best help with your medical problems.
- NHS119 for all covid/coronavirus symptoms, tests and vaccination queries. Ring 119.
- Accident and Emergency or the Emergency Ambulance via 999 for severe or life threatening emergencies.
- Healthy Minds, the NHS psychological therapy service for diagnosis and treatment of adult mental health issues on 0300 123 0907 or online at http://healthy-minds.org.uk
- Staffordshire Community Drug and Alcohol Service for problems related to alcohol or substance use, ring 01782 2831113 or online at https://www.scdas.org.uk
- Your midwife for health issues during pregnancy, or the Maternity Unit at UHNM hospital via their main switchboard number of 01782 715444
- The British Pregnancy Advice Service for issues around unplanned pregnancies. They offer a counselling and therapeutic service via confidential self-referral on 03457 30 40 30 or online at https://www.bpas.org
- For issues related to hospital appointments that have not been resolved by the Consultants Secretary, you should contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on Telephone: 01782 676450 Email: patient firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the surgery about overdue hospital appointments unless you have already communicated with both the relevant Consultants secretary and PALS.
- For physical and mental health problems caused directly by your employment, you should speak with your employer in the first instance. There may also be an occupational health service your employer can refer you to for assessment and treatment.
- For physical, behavioural or mental health issues in school age children, please speak with the school in the first instance. The School Nurse service delivers care and a referral can be made to both community paediatricians and educational psychologists by the school if necessary. Health Visitors and School Nurses can be contacted via 0300 404 2993.
After July 19th
Although general COVID restrictions are coming to an end on July 19th there is specific healthcare premises guidance that requires patients still follow social distancing guidelines this includes wearing a mask inside the practice and keeping a 2m distance where possible. You MUST also get a test and isolate if you have any symptoms. For more information please click here.
The NHS is currently vaccinating those people who experts have agreed will benefit from it the most. A vaccination programme of this size and scale will still take some time to complete. Please be assured that everyone who needs the vaccine will be offered it. The NHS will be in touch with you when it is your turn to be vaccinated. Please don’t call us before you are invited. In the meantime, you can get information about the COVID-19 Vaccination online at www.nhs.uk/covidvaccination
Our staff are working extremely hard to provide services and care and we would like to thank our patients for your continued support.
About our surgery...
Trent Vale Medical Practice is a long established forward thinking 3 Partner practice. Our premises provide excellent facilities for our patients' who are cared for by a dedicated team of doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacist, Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistant. They are supported by our helpful administrative support team incorporating Receptionists, Secretary's and Data Facilitators.
At the moment, the majority of appointments are ‘book on the day’ as has been advised during this pandemic period by NHS England. We will move back towards more prebookable appointments as the pandemic allows.
The building provides access from London Road with limited parking; we have dedicated spaces for disabled patients including an elevated ramp for ease and access.
We strive to provide the best patient experience and consistently achieve a high level of quality in our clinical outcomes.
Please Click here to leave a review.
For patients concerned that they may have coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created coronavirus pages that tell patients what they should do based on their particular circumstances. These can be accessed at: https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
Visit us on Facebook for news and updates
*Limited services are available on Thursdays between 13:00-18:00.
(Site updated 15/09/2021)