When We Are Closed

A recorded message will advise you of the number you need to call should you need to contact the surgery for emergency medical advice outside surgery hours.

NHS 111 

You may wish to contact NHS 111 for certain health advice. NHS 111 operates a 24 hour nurse led advice and health information service, providing confidential information on:

  • What to do if you or your family are feeling ill.
  • Particular Health Conditions.
  • Local Health Care Services, such as doctors, dentists or late night opening pharmacies.
  • Self help and support groups.

Other Sources of Help

One in three people who visit A&E could receive treatment more appropriately elsewhere. There are many alternatives to A&E where you can receive emergency care and treatment.

Patients can obtain care and support from the Pharmacy under The Pharmacy First Scheme. NHS England has with CCG support continued to commission the Pharmacy First Common Ailments Service through to March 31st 2018.

The overall aim of the scheme is to ensure that patients can access self-care advice for the treatment of common ailments and, where appropriate, can be supplied with over the counter medicines at NHS expense to treat their ailment.

You can also consider using a Walk-In centre where there will be appointments with Doctors and Nurses. (Please note it may be necessary to make an appointment)

Hanley Health and Wellbeing Centre

69/71 Stafford Street, Hanley

Telephone 0300 123 6759

8.00 – 20.00, 365 days a year

Midway Walk in Centre

Morton House, The Midway, Newcastle-Under-Lyme

Telephone 01782 663757

8.00 – 20.00, 365 days a year

The Haywood Minor Injuries Unit (MIU)

High Lane, Burslem

Telephone 01782 581112

Weekdays 7.00 – 22.00 Weekends 9.00 – 22.00

Visit your Minor Injuries Unit if you have cuts, bites, sprains, strains, minor burns or a cold, flu, sore throat or rash.

Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.  

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website